Pflegedienst Bergstrasse- Germany
In collaboration with
The Centre for Humanitarian Affairs
Conducts a training Course for
Elder Care Assistant / Elder Care Nurse
- Looking to be a QUALIFIED Elder Care Assistant / Elder Care Nurse?
- Are 18 and above and have sat for the O Level examination and/or have previous overseas employment experience
- Willing to care for elders with heart, hand and mind?
- Have a passion to learn, friendly attitude and empathy?
- Hoping to find employment in Sri Lanka or Overseas in the field of elder care ?
Employment opportunity : On completion of the course, a two year placement and assessment and conversant in German, you will have the opportuinty to be employed for a fixed period by as an elder care nurse by Pflegedienst Bergstrasse with additional training.
- transfer of knowledge and practical teaching regarding professional elder care
- instruction on ensuring high quality standards (German guideline)regarding care on health and hygiene
- Instruction on basic medical assistance
- teachings on daily assistance of elders
- instruction on providing support and assistance to enrich the life quality of senior citizens
Training Content :
- Basic care
- Personal care (whole body ablution, oral hygiene, shaving, showers, hand care and pedicure,hair wash)
- Mobilisation, storage, work appropriate sitting
- Prophylaxen (Dekubitusprophylaxe, Pneumonieprophylaxe, Thromboseprophylaxe)
- Skin conspicuities like greaseproof paper skin, dry skin, skin discolorations, wounds, blue spots
- Hygiene (hand disinfection)
- Vital parametres grasp (blood pressure, pulse, blood glucose measure)
- Compression therapy
- Food & Eating Behaviour
- Giving of food and nutrition
- Clinical dissabilities of old people (diabetes mellitus, hypertension, stroke, dementia)
- The first aid
- Established in 2005 in Germany
- More than 10 years of German elder care experience
- 125 employees, 4 subsidiaries in 3 different cities
- CHA founded in 1997 is national service provider in non-profit sector in the Humanitarian sector