A collaborative effort of CHA with the State Ministry of Education of sourcing better education options for students in plantation sector.
A consultation was held in Hatton with over 100 participants including students, teachers, principals, estate managers and ministry staff to discuss means of achieving the above-mentioned.
The idea is to source education options for youth in the Plantation Sector and support the ministry to execute these ideas around such areas as improving academic outcomes, increasing awareness, confidence and motivation towards higher education, working with students from early school years and building readiness for higher education, increasing capacity to access higher education.
The next step is a seven-fold process as enlisted below:
- Establish an Education Resource and hub facility at Paliyawatte TMV to serve eight schools serving the plantation sector.
- Have to study rooms in 8 estates with internet facilities under the supervision of a Estate staffer which Ram will discuss with you. We will canvass donations of PCs and sponsorship of internet costs.
- Ascertain details of the students entering Grade 10 in 2016 and those in Grade 11 through Ram.
- Determine extra study aids which will benefit the students by engaging teachers the Zonal Director will identify.
- Obtain from Jaffna material already developed.
- “Organise incubator for exceptional students to reach greater heights”.
- The Education Resource and hub facility at Paliyawatte TMV and study rooms will generate continuous activities including advise to students ,extra classes, study aids, extra coaching in subjects such as English, Maths, Science, IT.